The major economic and business themes over the past year have been focused on the war for talent, creating an employment experience for job seekers and candidates, overtime and compensation, the end of the annual performance review, the continued skills and leadership gap, the rise of Generation Z and the shift to the on-demand workforce. These trends have all impacted how companies recruit, retain, train and structure their workforce for the future.
The top workplace trends for 2017 include:
1. Companies focus on improving their candidate and employee experiences.
2. The blended workforce is on the rise.
3. Annual performance reviews evolve into more continuous reviews.
4. Millennials meet Generation Z in the workplace.
5. Augmented and virtual reality revolutionize recruiting and training.
6. The war for talent heats up as the employer and employee contract continues to evolve.
7. Organizations restructure to focus on team over individual performance.
8. Workplace wellness, and well-being, become critical employee benefits for attracting top talent.
9. Companies get creative with their employee benefit packages and perks.
10. Office attire and workplace culture becomes more casual.